||Director of Development
||The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of TFH’s fundraising including any major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events, donor outreach, and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the President and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must embrace the mission of TFH.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
|Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grand seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the President and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate public appearances and donor meetings with the President.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
||Employment is at will. The first three months will be considered probationary.
|Conflict of Interest:
||Conflict of interest declarations similar to those required of board members are required.
||Checks are issued semimonthly.
||Medical (Kaiser), Dental (HDS). Negotiable.