Broad Tax Relief And.. The hosts for this show are Jay Fidell and Tom Yamachika.
We discuss the signature bills in the Governor’s package, including a bill to give the citizenry broad income tax relief, another bill to enact GET exemptions for groceries and medicine, and a bill containing the ‘Visitor Green Fee.’
We go over the particulars of the Governor’s proposals, designated GOV-01 to GOV-04 and GOV-06, time permitting.
- GOV-01 adds new tax credit for teacher’s expenses. Increases the amounts for the income tax brackets, personal exemption amount and standard deduction amounts.
- GOV-02 is a GET exemption for certain groceries, feminine hygiene products, incontinence products & over the counter drugs.
- GOV-03 establishes the Visitor Green Fee program.
- GOV-04 establishes the Climate Impact Special Fund, allocates five cents per barrel from the barrel tax to the Climate Impact Special Fund.
- GOV-06 is a GET exemption for construction of affordable housing units.